Latest data regarding activities of Press Branch Home Department, Govt. of W.B. are as follows:-
- Examination of newspapers, books and others Publications:-
- Prosecutions under sections 124A, 153A, 292, 293, 295A, 500 and 505 of the Indian Panel Code and under section 3 of Act XCIII of 1956 and also under sections 2 and 3 of the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 1961, so far as Publications are concerned.
- Forfeiture under section 99A of the Criminal Procedure Code and under section 4 of Act XCIII of 1956 and also under section 4 of the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 1961.
- Maintenance of Registers of newspapers of different periodicities printed at Kolkata and supplied to this Department under section llA of the Press and Registration of Books Act and issue of reminders to defaulting printers and publishers keeping watch on the observance and enforcement of the provisions of the Press and Registration of Books Act, 1961.
- Quarterly catalogue of books compiled by the Registrar of Publications, West Bengal.
- Prohibition of the staging and informal censorship of dramas under the Dramatic Performance Act, 1876 (XIX of 1876).
- Permission is given for Publications of Books of the employees who are under the control of the State Govt.